Job ID: 517740 | Amazon Services LLC
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Payments
Amazon Payments provides consumers and merchants the simple and trusted way to pay and get paid online through multiple access channels. Amazon Payments allows more than 250 Million Amazon buyers to login, pay and get items shipped to their preferred destinations on a merchant’s website securely using their payment and address information that is stored on Amazon.com. Login and Pay with Amazon is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications. Login and Pay with Amazon helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Login and Pay with Amazon is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers, partners and enablers to create a unique commerce and purchase experience that benefits buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Payments Direct Sales
The Amazon Payments Direct Sales team is responsible for engaging directly with merchants who sell their products through online and mobile channels. The Direct Sales team is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding the adoption and usage of Login and Pay with Amazon across merchants of all sizes. This team uses established sales techniques and innovative ways to identify new merchant opportunities for the launch of Login and Pay with Amazon and deliver increased conversion on the merchant’s website. The team is focused on creating success for some of the top-tier and well known merchants and brands as well as the small and medium merchants in the US across multiple industry categories using Amazon Payments. The Account Representative will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Payments Direct Sales program. The Direct Sales team is responsible for forecasting and delivering established sales targets and is measured on established input and output goals.
Amazon Payments is seeking an experienced sales representative who can identify and engage with small and medium merchants in different categories across multiple industry verticals to adopt and launch Login and Pay with Amazon in North America. This individual will be responsible for communicating the merchant value proposition, understanding the merchant’s platform capabilities, determining the best possible onboarding option, negotiating and finalizing sales contracts and launching programs with merchants to achieve Amazon Payments’ sales objectives.
The Account Representative will focus on the adoption of Login and Pay with Amazon by small and medium size merchants and increasing the payment transaction volume processed by Amazon Payments. These small and medium merchants represent the majority of the merchants in each vertical and their participation and contribution is critical to the growth and evolution of Amazon Payments. The Account Representative will play a key role in the coordination of teams to ensure that the merchant has a superior experience throughout the sales engagement and onboarding process. The Account Representative will also represent the new merchants’ needs and experience back to internal stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of small and medium merchants in a dynamic business environment.
- Engage the appropriate stakeholders in the merchant organization and build a relationship for future growth
- Work with internal and external cross-functional teams that include representation from Marketing, Product, Operations and Technology to deliver feasible Amazon Payment solutions for merchants.
- Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Execute the Login and Pay with Amazon sales plan for small and medium merchants across multiple verticals.
- Execute sales strategies based on various e-commerce platforms utilized by merchants.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for assigned sales territory and increase revenue and market share in a defined territory.
- Develop a target list for addressable categories and maintain a robust sales pipeline with a goal of meeting or exceeding weekly/monthly/quarterly revenue targets.
- Identify sales opportunities and close sales deals for Login and Pay with Amazon through a strong understanding of the merchant’s business including payments.
- Understand reasons for closed and lost sales opportunities and present feedback to the sales management to improve success rate.
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders such as Product, Finance and Legal and negotiate contractual relationships with merchants.
- Continuously review merchant and market landscape and recommend, develop and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the merchant’s business objectives are met through use of Login and Pay as well as grow the Amazon business.
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- Support the Sales Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy.
- Help develop the North America Payment Sales group strategy, focus areas and growth opportunities.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the merchant organization with equivalent stakeholders within Amazon.
- Manage price and contract negotiations and technology implementations.
- Manage onboarding of merchant on supported solution provider platform or custom integration.
Communication & Reporting:
- Report sales performance and customer satisfaction targets.
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives on a periodic basis to provide the status of the sales engagement.
- Provide business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
- Systematically communicate business performance to the merchant and review portfolio performance with Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues.
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- 3/+ years of experience in sales in the payments, financial services, e-commerce, mobile, software, hardware or technology industry.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Committed work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and take ownership of multiple tasks to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills and influencing abilities.
- Proven track record creating large value deals and executing B2B sales contracts.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement.
- Program management experience with good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with nascent products/services in new markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Provide high-level of detail in every action
- 5/+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated track record of sales deal execution and launches with merchants whose revenues are greater than $10 million.
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery.
- Product management experience is a plus.
- Success managing dynamic account portfolios.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment.
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation.
- Effective in dealing with C-suite of small and medium-size merchants.
- Show independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues.
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups.
- Ability to work within a complex, matrixed and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties.
- Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed team leadership.
- Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations.
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions.
- Being vocally self-critical.
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/517740