Job ID: 508865 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
Amazon Payments provides consumers and merchants the simple and trusted way to pay and get paid online through multiple access channels. Amazon Payments allows more than 250 Million Amazon buyers to login, pay and get items shipped to their preferred destinations on a merchant’s website securely using their payment and address information that is stored on Amazon.com. Amazon Pay is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications. Amazon Pay helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Amazon Pay is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers, partners and enablers to create a unique commerce and purchase experience that benefits buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Payments Account Management
The Amazon Payments Account Management team is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding usage of Amazon Pay and improving retention amongst the existing merchant base, particularly among the larger merchants on the platform. This team creates innovative ways to identify increased conversion on the merchant’s website and drive operational improvement opportunities through partnership with internal stakeholders such as Product, Customer Support, Engineering, etc. The Account Manager will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Payments Account Management program. The role is focused on driving success for some of the well-known merchants and brands in the US across multiple industry categories using Amazon Payments and apply feedback to improve the Amazon Payments platform that will benefit all merchants.
Amazon Payments is seeking an experienced, account management professional who will be responsible for managing a portion of the existing portfolio of merchants. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing programs to help Amazon Payments forge deeper and stronger relationships with those merchants and grow their business with Amazon Payments. The Account Manager will focus on the growth of the existing merchant base through increased product adoption and increased transaction volume. The individual will work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these existing merchants. The Account Manager will play a key role in the coordination of teams and the communication of new products and features, while representing the merchant’s needs and experience back to internal stakeholders. The Account Manager will represent both product and customer experience leadership across multiple strong teams in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of merchants in a dynamic business environment.
- Partner with internal and external teams and other Amazon services Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
- Help build a multi-level relationship engagement between the merchant organization and Amazon
- Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell Amazon Marketplace, AWS, Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Local, MP3, Video, Kindle, Amazon Advertising, Product Ads, Associates, Gift Cards, and others.
- Manage assigned accounts, define opportunities and input and output goals for each merchant and coordinate with the extended team to deliver results for every merchant account.
- Develop and execute account management strategies which create significant value to existing merchants who offer Amazon Payments on their websites. The key output is an increase in the value of the merchant’s business with Amazon Payments.
- Identify key business opportunities for the territory, manage toward a growth plan and exceed the key performance indicators for assigned accounts.
- Ensure current transaction volume levels are maintained and identify opportunities to generate incremental transaction volume and increase buyer and seller awareness.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the merchant’s business performance and establish a periodic business review with the merchant that addresses key business issues
- Analyze territory trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements.
- Represent the merchant effectively within Amazon Payments by understanding their business needs, product, process and system requirements to influence and define Amazon Payments’ product feature and functionality and process changes.
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future functionality of Amazon Payments to find and execute new opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of other Amazon products and services such as Marketplace, Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Local, MP3, Video, Kindle, Amazon Advertising, Product Ads, and leverage that understanding to create new partnerships around Amazon Payments.
- Manage complex contract negotiations.
- Develop a plan to manage any applicable product or platform transitions.
- Optimize marketing engagements with the merchants in the portfolio.
- Address and resolve any financial issues that affects the merchant’s business with Amazon Payments.
- Serve as the primary relationship liaison for business, technical and high priority customer service escalations.
- Ensure the establishment of effective risk management policies and processes to mitigate potential merchant performance issues.
- Implement account management best practices and standard operating procedures into the business development framework.
Communication & Reporting:
- Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
- Successfully prioritizing the needs of merchant clients in a manner that balances merchant client needs and internal priorities.
- Set up periodic multi-level engagement with cross-functional stakeholders across select merchants and Amazon Payments organization to address business, operational and strategic priorities.
- Prepare and lead business reviews to the merchant and Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues.
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- 6-8 years of experience in sales/account management, ecommerce, payments and retail experience indirectly leading operational and project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals.
- Proven track record creating multi-million dollar deals and executing B2B sales contracts.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills and influencing abilities.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with nascent products/services in new markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Program management experience with good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Provide high-level of detail in every action.
- M.B.A. is preferred
- 10+ years of work experience
- Success managing dynamic account portfolios
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
- Effective in dealing with C-suite of mid and large merchants
- History of effectively managing external customers and successfully working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Show independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues
- Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed team leadership
- Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions
- Being vocally self-critical
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/508865