Job ID: 479221 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
Amazon Pay is seeking a creative thought leader to define, design, and deliver a new kind of shopping experience—one that weaves together digital and physical retail experiences, extending beyond the browser, and beyond Amazon.com.
Amazon Pay is lighting up a network of merchants and customers by creating new ways for people to shop and transact in— everything from online, voice, mobile, and connected experiences in brick-and-mortar venues. You will sit as a peer to the product management leaders that are defining the future of shopping with Amazon Pay. You are a partner to the UX Design manager who oversees high-scale design execution.
As our Creative Director, you will design for the human session by crafting and delivering contextually-relevant, and exceedingly-usable experiences to customers whenever and however they connect to commerce—on screens or by voice, at home, in stores, or on the go. You can make the vision come to life in a concept lab.
You have deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of end-to-end UX product design. You will drive the highest-impact conceptual designs, prototyping, and experimentation. You will meet with merchant customers to help advocate your vision and react to lessons from our early adopters. You are a natural problem-solver and strong communicator, able to build rapport, manage expectations, and balance inputs from design, business, and technology partners across Amazon.
You’re the type who feels right at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. You are fluid and energetic. You work on multiple tracks and can pivot from one project to another as we learn from our customers, experiments, and from our data.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience
· Deliver world-class user interfaces that support and reinforce our product vision, brand, and business objectives.
- Build respect and credibility with stakeholders, peers, and leaders.
- Advocate for customers and integrate user research in the design process.
- Introduce, develop, and ensure best design practices, processes and communicate quality expectations organizationally.
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Ensure harmony of design across multiple devices and platforms.
- Present work to peers, stakeholders, and leaders for review and feedback.
- Assist with developing a design-led culture.
- Use humor, creativity, and energy to maintain personal and team momentum and morale
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- 2+ years of experience as the lead or most senior individual of a design team.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design—understand accepted UX process standards well enough to be entitled to selectively abandon them.
- Visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography.
- Ability to plan and design for functional prototyping.
- Experience in design for global contexts across languages and cultures.
- Experience designing across surfaces and form factors.
- Proficiency with the range of current design tools (Adobe, Sketch, etc).
- Experience with online commerce, shopping, and checkout.
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
- Unflappable good humor, courtesy and ability to build rapport with stakeholders, designers, developers and leaders.
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/479221