Job ID: 509448 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
Are you passionate about driving customer success? Interested in learning new technologies? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you love explaining new technologies to your friends and family? Join the Amazon Pay team as a Developer Support Engineer and you’ll provide support to external customers as they build business-critical applications using Amazon Pay (https://pay.amazon.com/developer).
As a Developer Support Engineer, you’ll represent Amazon Pay as you manage and resolve complex technical escalations from customers integrating our services on their site. You’ll work directly with Sales and Account Managers to test and improve the quality of integrations from our top merchants and service providers. And you’ll serve as an advocate for developers using Amazon Pay by ensuring the accuracy of Amazon Pay’s technical documentation, developing and testing the Amazon Pay SDKs, creating relevant sample code, and managing the relationships with the developer community on developer sites.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working with customers to debug and resolve technical integration problems.
- Driving projects that improve our developer support experience and operational processes.
- Writing code samples, tutorials, and technical articles for the developer community.
- Developing internal tools and plugins that make it easier for support teams and engineering to identify and resolve customer integration issues.
Within the first year, a successful candidate will have achieved a deep understanding of the most complex aspects of the Amazon Pay services and how customers can integrate the services on their site. They will have helped us to exceed our goals in reducing the time to integration and increasing the number of merchants using Amazon Pay. Through the feedback and analysis they provide regarding the merchant experience, they will help us solve some of the most difficult problems facing all our merchants, and to improve the platform to reduce friction in the integration process.
- 2 to 5 years in a Technical Support or Developer role working with Web applications or languages listed below
- Functional coding skills in at least one of the programming languages: Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, C#, and/or PHP.
- Working knowledge of software used to develop in these languages
- Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Experience developing or supporting sites using API and SDK integrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Intuitive grasp of superior versus inferior customer experiences, and how to improve them. Closing the contact does not always close the problem.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and ambiguous information to generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing).
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/509448