San Francisco or Petaluma location
At FIS connect consumers to their money — through leading-edge mobile banking, payments and commerce solutions. We’re the mobile development engine of FIS — the largest, Fortune 500, global Fintech company — powering over 1,400 banking apps and 30 million mobile users. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a banking app, you’re most likely using FIS Mobile software. Join us in setting the standard in mobile financial services!
FIS Mobile seeks an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join its Mobile Banking Platform Team in Larkspur, Petaluma, or San Francisco, CA. This is a hands-on position to develop server framework software applications and platform services, as well as internal and external supporting tools. This role guides the team through the whole software development life cycle, by developing specifications and designs, writing production, integration testing, and unit testing code, providing supporting documentation, and engages in release and maintenance activities. You will work closely with Product Management and/or client representatives, as well as Quality Assurance and operational teams. Additionally, you will co-ordinate with affiliated teams and other engineering groups.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Works with project managers to identify and mitigate project risks, ensuring releases are delivered on schedule.
- Leads software design efforts for specific modules or releases, analyzing user needs and operational constraints to determine technical requirements.
- Writes detailed technical specifications based on system architecture and requirements.
- Ensures that the team produces clean, clear, efficient, modular, and maintainable code. Leads by example in this area.
- Supervises the team’s conformance to security and software development best practices.
- Mentors junior engineers and performs extensive code reviews.
- Performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Analyzes defect reports and change requests.
- At least 10 years of professional software development experience.
- Solid understanding of agile development processes.
- Commitment to test-driven development practices.
- Deep understanding of technical aspects of Internet technologies, protocols, and security: browsers, cookies, web servers, proxies, firewalls, load balancers, sockets, HTTP/S, X509 certificates.
- Experience with multi-branch development using SVN and GIT.
- Proven ability to independently prepare detailed software specifications, including sequence diagrams, class models, concurrency models, and protocols.
- Expert-level proficiency in Enterprise Java and broad knowledge of related standard APIs and OSS libraries.
- General understanding of container-based frameworks such as Docker, and Microservice Architectures.
- In-depth and hands-on experience with application servers and web service standards and technologies (REST / JAX-RS, SOAP) ·
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
What we can offer you
- Industry competitive salary
- Excellent work-life balance
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Share in FIS’ financial success with our ESPP
- Mentoring by smart, passionate managers – we promote career development and growth
- Free Thursday lunches and an endless snack and drink supply
- Great locations (SF, Larkspur and Petaluma) proximity to public transportation