Job ID: 518086 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
The way we exchange value is changing. We can now access products or services in mere seconds—from anywhere in the world—without sacrificing our personal data. With a click, a tap, or our voice—the future is friction-free.
At Amazon, we have a long history of taking something complex and making it simple for other businesses. Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Web Services are some examples. Amazon Pay is driving the next frontier—connected commerce. We enable merchants around the world to leverage our trusted, seamless buying experience to allow more than 285 million active Amazon customers to purchase from them—online, in-store, and across an array of consumer devices.
We seek a small group of talented leaders to define and execute against a bold vision that builds on what Amazon already offers. If you have the right stuff, you’ll work among superstar engineers, product managers, marketers, business development leaders and operational wizards in a phenomenally fast‑paced, rapidly evolving business. With offices in Seattle, London, Tokyo, Luxembourg, Munich and Bangalore – you will be instrumental to helping Amazon Payments grow toward a $1 trillion opportunity.
The Amazon Pay Product Operations (PrOps) team is looking for a Program Manager (PgM) to own and execute programs that drive the automation of processes to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of our global stakeholder teams including Sales, Business Development, Business Excellence, Sales Operations, Finance and Business Intelligence, and leverage the infrastructure to support additional business functions. Candidates must possess the ability to define business requirements and processes that build workable solutions with our stakeholders across a suite of productivity technology.
The successful candidate must be able to work directly, in a hands-on way, with the sales, marketing, and operations infrastructure to lead, multiple programs at one time, as well as provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will have superb communication and program management skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
- Define business requirements for new and existing processes and programs across the global sales, account management, business excellence teams, and take an active role in the implementation
- Serve as the main point of contact for designated initiatives, and work cross-functionally with internal Amazon stakeholders to coordinate our overall deliverable plans
- Developing, implementing and automating processes to collect and manage sales data
- Use Lean/Six Sigma framework and analytical methods to implement process improvement for operation excellence
- Drive consensus with stakeholders across different teams in Amazon Pay on overall strategy, roadmap and deliverables
- Drive readiness and training plan on tools and process to ensure smooth transition when changes happen
- Act as an SME to solve local questions and issues, and also leverage global resources to drive improvement based on local needs
- Manage a portfolio of productivity tools including both proprietary and 3rd party and make recommendations to support sales and service strategy
- 5+ years of program management experience in a sales, marketing, or business analysis role with ecommerce or technology sectors
- 3+ years of experience leading delivery of large, cross functional programs · Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- In-depth understanding of business processes related to Sales, Marketing, Support, and Operations coupled with a good understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce CRM application
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data analytics
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated skills in influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and different levels of the business
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Flexibility to work across multiple time-zones with a wide cross-section of
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science or relevant field of study
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience with Salesforce portals (Communities, Partner, or Customer Portal)
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201), Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/518086