FIS Mobile is looking to add an experienced, professional, and energetic SaaS Operations Engineer to our growing team. Successful candidates will have a solid background in Linux and running LAMP type applications in a highly available, 24/7, public facing web/applications environment. The SaaS Operations Engineer will work closely with the Client Services and Product teams to ensure SaaS Operations can exceed SLA and uptime objectives as well as the DevOps team to take our continuous integration and delivery implementation to the next level. The role is designed for a sys admin ninja who can not only triage and prioritize when necessary, but has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, and can drive a complex problem to completion.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with various cloud providers to deploy and run infrastructure used by our SaaS products.
- Operate, deploy and enhance components of our ecosystem such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, CI/CD rigs, orchestration, security infrastructure, monitoring and alerting tools, etc.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure that SLA for our 24/7 production and supporting environments is maintained.
- Contribute to and maintain process documentation for the SaaS team.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve SLA/Uptime and minimize customer impacts.
- Keep customers informed about impending maintenance window, software deployment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Delegate work as needed to our India Team.
- Understand, champion and enforce security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Track work activity, service tickets, or project tickets in Jira, Salesforce and other project tracking tools.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and after-hours maintenance and deployment activities.
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years experience supporting a high availability publicly facing product with 24/7 uptime and 99.9%+ SLA.
- Desire to automate everything.
- Understanding of enterprise security tools and methodologies (SIEM, Vuln Mgmt, SOC, PCI, etc)
- Effectively prioritize deliverables and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities.
- Driven, dedicated contributor that expects excellence from him/herself and the team he/she leads.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of architecture of enterprise level information technology hardware (e.g., WAN, LAN and computer systems and peripherals) and software platforms.
- Deploying product features and updates on application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of networking technologies. (VPN, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Routers, etc.)
- Understanding of internet technologies. (Web servers, encryption, XML, HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Experience with running operations at a cloud provider such as Amazon.
- Familiarity with utilizing cloud technologies such as (CloudWatch, CloudFormation, S3, CloudFront, etc)
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Experience with IT infrastructure tools such as application and server monitoring, log management, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience with Databases, SQL, LDAP, and Linux/Unix.
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires five or more years’ demonstrated experience.