The Product Manager role will execute upon an established and ever-evolving digital strategy for our payments division to deliver digital products and services across our market segments. Through collaboration with product line leadership, this role with establish and enable digital channel solutions across the payments division product set including web, mobile web, mobile app and other digital channel solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market, business priorities including integration needs, and technology advancements are reflected. Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs, and retirement plans.
- Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product’s general strategic direction.
- Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity, and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year. Determines release dates.
- Monitors and understands product’s profit and loss statement.
- Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery, and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients.
- Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral, and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
- Completes business scope documents and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
- Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
- Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
- Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
- Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement, and monitoring progress. Determines success criteria and recommends “go / no go” decision.
- Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
- Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
- Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
- Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings, and internal group meetings.
- May require up to 40% travel.
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field/discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Digital channel solution product management experience required within payments network division
- API Product Management experience preferred
- Developer experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of FIS products supported
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Customer service skills, understanding and focusing on clients’ needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and must be resourceful
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Intermediate managerial role – manages, perhaps through subordinate managers/supervisors, activities for multiple products including one major application and having responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Typically requires a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably in product management discipline) as well as some customer service experience.