Job ID: 503085 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Payments
Amazon is aiming to change the way consumers shop online…again! Amazon Payments wants to make your Amazon Account “the one account you need to shop your world”. Amazon Payments allows more than 285 Million Amazon buyers to login, pay and get items shipped to their preferred destinations on a merchant’s website securely using their payment and address information that is stored on Amazon.com. Login and Pay with Amazon is a service that makes it easy for millions of buyers, who have established a relationship and stored their shopping details with Amazon, connect and transact with merchants, on external merchant sites and applications. Login and Pay with Amazon helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Login and Pay with Amazon is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers, partners and enablers to create a unique commerce and purchase experience that benefits buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Payments Sales & Business Development
The Amazon Payments Sales & Business Development team is responsible for strategic sales to new e-commerce merchants. The team is responsible for accelerating growth, expanding the adoption and usage of Login and Pay with Amazon. The Account Representative will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Payments E-Commerce Enterprise Sales.
Amazon Payments is seeking an experienced, sales professional who will be lead and develop Amazon Payments’ sales efforts to new enterprise merchants. The Account Representative will be identify and execute deals with E-commerce merchants and expand the Amazon Payments merchant base. The individual will also work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these E-commerce merchants.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for building strategic relationships with the E-commerce merchant at the most senior levels within the named accounts and develop an account plan for building the business.
- Identity new prospects that would benefit from Amazon Payments and identity solution
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of the E-commerce merchants in an ever-changing business environment.
- Partner with internal teams and other Amazon services teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth. Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and conduct business reviews with the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers
- Evaluate the E-commerce merchants categories and identify potential new business opportunities. Develop a framework for prioritizing merchant engagement based on various evaluate criteria and business levers
- Manage complex contract negotiations
- Work closely with account management team and assist the team to develop account plans to increase merchants adoption of Amazon Payments
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the various merchant categories and establish a periodic reviews that addresses key business issues
Communication & Reporting:
- Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
- Successfully prioritizing the needs of merchant clients in a manner that balances merchant client needs and internal priorities.
- Set up periodic multi-level engagement with cross-functional stakeholders across select merchants and Amazon Payments organization to address business, operational and strategic priorities.
- Prepare and lead business reviews to the merchant and Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in sales/business development, ecommerce, payments and retail experience indirectly leading operational and project teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven track-record creating successful multi-million dollar deals and in executing B2B sales contracts
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact and influence outcomes in matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track history of working with nascent products/services in new markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Program management experience with good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation
- M.B.A. is preferred
- 12+ years of work experience
- Success managing strategic clients or accounts and dynamic account portfolios
- Problem-solving passion and service orientation
- Effective in dealing with C-suite of large merchants
- History of effectively managing external customers and successfully working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Show independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and team leadership
- Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions
- Being vocally self-critical
- Strong problem-solving and service orientation
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/503085