Job ID: 432899 | Amazon Payments, Inc.
Job Description: Strategic Business Development Manager- Amazon Payments
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Payments
Over the past 20 years Amazon has earned the trust of over 300 Million active customers by providing unprecedented convenience, selection and value on Amazon.com. Now, this same purchase experience can be made available anywhere you shop. Merchants who enable Pay with Amazon make it easy for millions of the web’s most valuable consumers to safely purchase from them in just a few clicks or taps using the information already stored in their Amazon account. This helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Pay with Amazon is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Amazon External Payment Services (EPS) is the means by which Amazon extends its relationship with customers beyond its sites. EPS exports the convenience, trust, and preference for Amazon across the web, apps, and other connected devices. Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers and partners to create unique commerce and purchase experiences that benefit buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
The Strategic Business Development Manager will build an ecosystem of partners, helping to create better commerce solutions that integrate Amazon Services and facilitating the adoption of Amazon Payments by merchants and consumers. Example of counterparties include: payment processors and gateways, commerce platform and solution providers, mobile/IoT/Consumer electronics providers. The Senior Manager, Strategic BD will particularly focus on one of a kind relationships and agreements, or first of a kind that may serve as a template for other similar relationships. Success will be defined as a function of the acceleration of key business metrics such as incremental addressable market value, acceleration of processed payment volumes, and satisfaction of clients (merchants, consumers, developers) with our services.
The Strategic Business Development Manager will also help to shape the strategic priorities of the business as we engage in a period of rapid growth. This is an individual contributor position, with heavy influence on the direction of the business and visibility with executive management, which may become a team manager as we develop.
- Identify strategic companies that accelerate the adoption of Pay with Amazon with Merchants and Consumers, across connected devices and commerce use cases.
- Secure relationships that results in greater distribution, faster roll-out, and easier use of Pay with Amazon.
- Lead contractual negotiations coordinating with Sales, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance.
- Interact with Amazon senior executives in various corporate functional areas and other business units to secure the support for key partner relationships.
- Working with Product, Marketing and Sales, lead through the execution of agreements ensuring that the right development, deployments, training, communications, reporting, are in place.
- Survey the broader electronic payments and connected commerce ecosystem to detect emerging trends and opportunities.
- Develop and monitor metrics/dashboard that demonstrate the impact of contracted relationships, manage the relationships to achieve their intended goals.
- Contribute to the Senior Leadership Team work, setting direction for the Business, reporting to executive management, guiding our young team through choices necessary to achieve fast growth.
- Communicate a bold vision for the business with employees and partners. Be an evangelist for the business.
- Customer obsessed: demonstrated ability to identity business opportunities by starting first with customer pain points and a relentless focus on solving them.
- Trail blazer: 15+ years of experience in Business Development in high tech industries, with companies ranging from large established players to dynamic startups. Electronic commerce, mobile commerce, or electronic payments experience preferred.
- Agile thinker: proven ability to identify business opportunities from strategic and operational perspectives and communicating such internally and externally, define and pursue key deal tenets.
- Deal Maker: Track record of defining and closing complex relationship contracts, including agreements to for co-marketing, distribution, product co-development, with broad range of financial terms.
- Influencer: Ability to influence senior leaders internally to gain support for a relationship, and participation to secure a relationship and execute against the deliverables of an agreement.
- Relationship builder: track record of ensuring the successful implementation of contract and the on-going growth of partner relationships. Ability to operate in a complex organization and reach internal agreements on the separation of roles and responsibility.
- Leader: ability to communicate and motivate teams not under his control; identify, mentor and develop talent in the Sales and BD functions.
- Investment banking, private equity or venture capital deal experience.
- Understanding of intellectual property issues in deal making.
- Understanding of payment industry structure, Experience in B2B2C businesses.
- Experience working in a global, 24×7 support environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to synthesize and clarify through communication.
- Owner and Entrepreneur mentality; willingness to roll up sleeves to meet goals
· Keen analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/432899