May 24, 2017, Vol. 11, Issue IX
Oral arguments in PHH Corp. et al v. CFPB will take place today in front of all active judges from the Federal Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, following the CFPB’s successful appeal for an en banc hearing. At stake: the conditions under which the president may remove the director and the statute of limitations on enforcement actions.
- OCC Head Looks to Loosen Financial Regulations
- After Ordering Review, Trump Appoints New FSOC Head
- CFPB Prepaid Rule Survives Congressional Repeal Deadline
In the Courthouse
- Court Dismisses Class Action for Lack of Standing in Retailer Data Breach
- Target to Pay $18.5 Million to States in Data Breach Settlement
- New York Files Suit against OCC Fintech Charter
- Digital Currency Roundup: Bitcoin Law Changes in Three States
- European Banks Call for EC Support on Screen-Scraping Ban
- Quebec Bill Would Ban Expiration of Loyalty Points
- China’s Central Bank Sets up Fintech Committee
Spotlight on People
- Compliance Titans: Jani Gode, Payoneer
- Compliance Titans: Margo Hirsch Strahlberg, U.S. Bank
- Brad Fauss Joins Wirecard North America
- Keep up with what your colleagues and competitors are reading, including the top articles from the past week
Dates & Deadlines
- May 31: Last day to vote for 2017 Pay Awards Best-in-Category winners
- June 9: Comments due on DOE RFI concerning student financial account disclosures
- April 1, 2018: Prepaid Accounts Rule scheduled to go into effect
For more Pay Gov articles, click here.
Sign up for Paybefore e-newsletters so you can get the latest news delivered to your email inbox.