Hoping to build on last year’s success, the Center for Financial Services Innovation is encouraging participants in next month’s FinHealthMatters Day to craft videos, write blogs and plan events that highlight the need for better financial health for U.S. consumers. FinHealthMatters Day is June 27.
Last year’s event involved more than 100 blogs written on the theme of financial health, more than 2,000 tweets from 900 sources and about 9 million impressions. Participants who write blogs on the theme of “What Financial Health Means to Me”— CFSI recommends posts be about 500 words—and post them on June 27 can win tickets to FinCon, a financial content conference that takes place in Dallas from Oct. 25-28. Up to $1,500 in travel reimbursement also will be awarded to the five winners of the contest. CFSI blog contest rules are here.
CFSI hosted a webinar on May 11 highlighting FinHealthMatters Day and providing ideas for financial services providers to boost visibility of financial health including:
- Plan an event—like going to a school and having high school students write about why finhealth matters, potentially take a news crew to interview the kids for local TV.
- Hold a staff luncheon and talk about the financial health of Americans and the role you play in improving it.
- Add a #FinHealthMatters themed email signature on June 27.
- Consider a contest with your customers and offer a prize for sharing their #FinHealth story at a retail branch.
- Payroll Cards Earn Top Grades from CFSI—Except in One Area
- CFSI, Chase Seek Fintech Startups for Financial Health Awards
- CFSI, Core Report: Underserved Market Reaches $140.7 Billion