On Nov. 3, 2016, the Smart Card Alliance presented a live Webinar on tokenization, the process of substituting valuable data with a token made up of random alphanumeric characters, and its potential to be a payments security game-changer for its ability to protect sensitive account data for in-store and online transactions.
Issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers can find out all about tokenization and how to implement it in the Smart Card Alliance Webinar, EMV Tokenization.
Understanding how tokenization changes the way payment credentials are used and secured is crucial for stakeholders looking to incorporate the technology into their security plans. This Webinar will provide attendees with a tokenization crash course:
- Provide an overview of EMVCo tokenization and distinguish EMV payment tokens from other types of tokens
- Identify the benefits derived from tokenization and encryption
- Review the rules, requirements and standards for token service providers
- Discuss tokenization methods used in digital wallets like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay, as well as in-app purchases
- Address tokenization implementation and security considerations
Randy Vanderhoof, Smart Card Alliance
Sadiq Mohammed, Mastercard
Sree Swaminathan, First Data
John Sheets, Visa